This bulletin released by the Orana Team of NSW Rural Fire Service today at 5pm.
A state-wide Total Fire Ban remains is in force for the remainder of Saturday 11th February 2017 and throughout Sunday 1ih February 2017 due to worsening weather conditions.
Extreme fire danger ratings are forecast for Sunday 1ih February 2017 for the Lower Central West Plains including the Narromine and Dubbo Regional Local Government Areas, with some parts extending to Catastrophic fire danger ratings.
These conditions are dangerous. Any fires that start and take hold will be uncontrollable, unpredictable and fast moving. Spot fires will start, move quickly and come from many directions. Under these conditions even homes that are designed or constructed to withstand bush fires many not withstand these fire conditions.
• Leaving bush fire prone areas the night before or early in the day is your safest option;
avoid forested areas, thick bush or long, dry grass.
• Discuss with your family and use the time now to decide what you'll do.
• Make a decision about when you will leave, where you will go, how you will get there, when you will return and what you will do if you cannot leave.
• Do not wait to see what happens.
• Homes are not designed to withstand fires in Catastrophic conditions.
• Updates on fires are available at www.rfs.nsw.gov.au or by calling call 1800 NSW RFS (1800 679 737).
• Find out the latest Fire Danger Rating in your area at www.rfs.nsw.gov.au or by calling 1800 NSW RFS (1800 679 737).
• For information on road conditions or closures, please call the NSW RMS on 131 700 or check www.rms.nsw.gov.au. Remember roads may be closed without warning.
• For information on closures of National Parks please visit www.npws.nsw.gov.au or closure of State Forests please visit www.forestrycorporation.com.au
• If you need to report a fire or require urgent assistance, dial Triple Zero (000).
Authorised by Incident Controller, Superintendent Mark Williams, Orana Fire Control Centre. Issued by the Incident Management Team on behalf of the Commissioner of the NSW Rural Fire Service.